Installing the Visual RAMS-Pro Full Install & Upgrade

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [How Can we help you?] >> FAQ's >> Installing the Visual RAMS-Pro Full Install & Upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Installing the Visual RAMS-Pro Full Install & Upgrade - 5/2/2003 3:58:28 AM   
mick

Installing the Visual RAMS-Pro Full Install & Upgrade
What does the new install program do?
This VRP_Setup.EXE is used to install a new site or upgrade an existing site of Visual RAMS-Pro. It will not overwrite any of your data even if you make a mistake in the install procedure.

How do I do a New Visual RAMS-Pro Installation?
Execute VRP_Setup.EXE and select the local drive (do not select a network drive at this time) on which to install. Please use the defaulted C:\VRP directory to maintain consistency for support.

After installation is completed (and computer has been restart on versions prior Windows 2000), run VRP either from the desktop shortcut, Start\Programs\Visual RAMS-Pro Applications¦\Visual RAMS-Pro or from Window Explorer by clicking on \VRP\VRP.EXE. This will start the final setup program where you will select Single User or Network (both workstation and network files will be installed) buttons to complete the installation. Next time you run Visual RAMS-Pro it will ask for the Registration Number (you may skip this step as you have 10 days to register), and the User ID (1) and Password (1).

How do I upgrade Visual RAMS-Pro?
This upgrades all prior versions of Visual RAMS-Pro. Always backup your data (local and network) before starting any upgrade. Make sure everyone is out of Visual RAMS-Pro before starting the update. Execute VRP_Setup.EXE and when the setup dialog asks for the Folder:" , select the existing local \VRP directory (selecting this folder will NOT overwrite your existing data).

After installation is complete, run Visual RAMS-Pro. This will automatically run the final setup program which will complete the installation and convert you data. Your Visual RAMS-Pro upgrade is now complete.

How can I find out what' s new in Visual RAMS-Pro 6.0304?
After starting Visual RAMS-Pro, you may view the history of upgrade changes and enhancements by going to the menu bar at the top of the main screen and select " \Setup\Other Setups...\Changes Log..." . The List control will show a chronological order of changes from the most recent to the oldest.

Click here to go to Visual RAMS-Pro 6.0304 download (login required).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mick -- 9/8/2003 2:07:58 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [How Can we help you?] >> FAQ's >> Installing the Visual RAMS-Pro Full Install & Upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode